Less than one year ago, there was only one place to eat out raw in London – VitaOrganic, now there are five and I’ve not been to two of them yet!
- inSpiral, 250 Camden High Street, Camden. Probably my favourite for it’s relaxed atmosphere, great music, and good selection of salads, raw cakes and chocolates and smoothies. Sunday evening is Sunday Harmonies with live acoustic music and Tuesday evening is New Horizons – talks and demos featuring lots of raw food. inSpiral also serve cooked vegetarian food and alcohol, so a great place to go with non-raw friends.
- VitaOrganic, 74 Wardour Street, Soho. A vegan restaurant with a raw menu with some gourmet raw dishes, juices and smoothies and raw cakes.
- SAF, 152-154 Curtain Road, Shoreditch. I’ve not been here yet, although I understand it is a high class restaurant with prices to match (around £30 per person!) Again, they serve some cooked vegan food and alcohol so suitable for taking non-raw friends.
- Dragonfly, 24 Highgate High Street, Highgate. I’ve only just found out about this place so I’ve not been yet. It’s a wholefood shop with a cafe with a raw three course set menu everyday. It sounds like a great little place, I’ll be checking this out soon. Edit: Dragonfly is now closed.
- Bonningtons, 11 Vauxhall Grove, Vauxhall. Most of the time this is a vegetarian cafe, with vegan Thursdays, but on the second, fourth and fifth Sunday of each month, it becomes a raw cafe. The food is delicious, gourmet raw food, with wonderful cakes and deserts. Highly recommended.
Enjoy! And if you know anywhere I’ve missed, please let me know…