It’s walnut season! We’re still in Portugal and found a few walnut trees near where we are staying so we’ve been collecting. And there are lots of nettles coming up now, so I came up with the idea for nettle and walnut paté and it worked quite well:
- A couple of large handfuls of nettles
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 4 hours or more
- 3 sun dried tomato halves, soaked
- squeeze of lemon juice
- around a cup of olive oil
- dried oregano
- water if necessary to blend
Blend! I actually had problems blending as we don’t have the Vitamix with us while travelling and the blender we have is not very good, hence needing to add a fair bit of olive oil and water to make it blend.
Enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you like it, or make your own version of it.